Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Beautiful, Wonderful Gospel


Awe-struck and humbled by the overwhelming beauty of the gospel, I sometimes express myself in poetry.  But even then, words fall short.  How great, how awesome is His Love.  Let us never forget:

Jesus, Savior, my King of kings,
He raises up this broken thing.
Molding this worthless lump of clay,
He makes me more like Him each day.

Without, I bear the marks of sin,
But now His Spirit lies within.
Once soiled and marred, I must confess,
Grace lavished on my worthlessness.

No greater love has been displayed
Than on the cross – the price He paid.
The King of Heaven, one true Prince
Bore my sin in His innocence.

Filled with anguish, crippling shame,
I am unfit to bear His Name.
Yet I am His and He is mine,
And with His beauty I may shine.
My blemishes He will not see,
Only His Son inside of me.

The daunting cliffs of life are steep
But greater still, His love is deep.
I face no challenge on my own
For I am cherished, I am known.

My life, I pray, be sweet perfume
For where He plants me, may I bloom.
Open hands, surrender my will
I’m slowly learning to be still.
Salvation’s great joy I can taste
This one short life I will not waste.

He’ll take me to His banquet hall
Even I, who am least of all.
From His love I can never hide
His own dear and beloved bride.

~by Sierra McClain



No comments:

Post a Comment